45 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 1 kg Potatoes boiled in the skin (still firm)
- 440 grams Lustenberger 1862
- 3 Tbsp. Mustard
- 4 Cervelats
- Boil the potatoes in water or a pressure cooker until soft. Cut the potatoes in half and place in the prepared gratin dish with the cut side up.
- Cut the Lustenberger 1862 into about 1 cm (2/5 inch) wide slices and brush on one side with mustard. Then place on the potatoes with the mustard side down.
- Cut the cervelats into about 5 mm (1/4 inch) thick rounds and place about 3 of them on each portion.
- Cook au gratin in the upper half of an oven pre-heated to 250°C (480°F) for 15 minutes.
TIP: The cervelat sausage can also be replaced by about 3 mm (1/4 inch) thick slices of zucchini. First steam these in butter and season. Then cook them au gratin on the slices of cheese just like the cervelat sausage.