30 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 4 Slices of white bread
- 220 grams Lustenberger 1862
- 50 grams Butter
- 50 grams Onions, finely chopped
- 100 grams Vegetable cubes (brunoise) carrots, celery and leeks
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 500 grams Ground veal
- 150 grams Veal sausage
- 2 Eggs
- Salt, pepper, paprika
- Soak the slices of bread in milk and press them. Mash well in a bowl with a fork.
- Saute the onions and vegetables with the garlic and parsley in the butter until translucent and allow to cool. Add to the bread. Carefully mix together the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Cut the Lustenberger 1862 into cubes.
- Form the meat mixture into balls with an ice cream scoop or 2 spoons. Place the cheese cube in the center and close well.
- Slowly fry the meatballs in the ghee on all sides. Place on paper towels briefly so that the excess cooking fat is absorbed.