40 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 4 small pumpkins (e.g. Pattison or small Hokkaido pumpkins )
- 220 grams of Lustenberger 1862, grated
- 50 grams of chopped walnuts.
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 leek stalk
- 2 carrots
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt, pepper
- Wash the pumpkin, cut the bottom slightly so that it can stand up well and then cut off a lid. Remove the seeds. Scrape out the pulp down to an approximately 1 cm thick edge and cube. Cut the leek, carrots, tomatoes, garlic and onions into small pieces. Salt the hollowed out pumpkin and cook with the lid in a hot oven at 180 degrees Celsius (350 F) for 10 minutes.
- During this time, roast the nuts without oil or fat, remove from the pan and set aside. Then sauté the onions, add the vegetables and fry for 10 - 15 minutes. If necessary, deglaze with a little fluid (bouillon). Add half of the grated cheese and season. Put the mixture into the pumpkin while mixing in the rest of the Lustenberger 1862 in layers. Place the lid on the pumpkin and cook again at 180 degrees Celsius (350 F) for about 20 minutes. Serve with rice or salad.