25 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained weight of 250 g)
- 1 egg
- 60 grams of Lustenberger 1862, grated
- 50 grams of green peas
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. salt, pepper
- 1 potato (about 100 grams)
- 4 rolls (e.g. whole-grain rolls with seeds)
- 1 tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Drain the chickpeas and mash with a fork to create a thick paste. Whisk the egg with an electric mixer and stir in the chickpeas. Add the Lustenberger 1862, green peas and corn starch. Season. Grate the potato on a potato grater and blend everything together. Form flat burgers.
- Add some oil into the hot frying pan and fry the burgers on each side for 7-10 minutes until crispy.
- Cut the rolls, add the cooked burger, a lettuce leaf and a slide of tomato, cover and serve immediately.
Tip: Right before the end of frying, add a slice of Lustenberger 1862 to the burger and allow it to melt.