120 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 1 puff pastry
- 1-2 tbsp. green pesto
- 1 egg
- Sesame, poppy and/or thyme
- 120g Lustenberger 1862
- 700g of fillet of beef in one piece
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 branches each of rosemary and thyme
- 4 cloves garlic
- 250g risotto rice
- 1 dl white wine
- 220g Lustenberger 1862
- 1.4 l bouillon
- 1 onion
- Oil for frying
- 800g carrots
- 2 zucchini squashes
- Prepare puff pastry bunnies: Roll out the puff pastry. Sprinkle half the pastry with green pesto and garnish with 120g grated Lustenberger 1862. Fold over the second half of the pastry and roll the rolling pin forcefully over the folded pastry a few times. Then cut out Easter bunnies with cookie cutters in a rabbit design. Alternatively, you can made stencils out of cardboard.
- Beat an egg and coat the finished bunnies with it. Sprinkle as desired with sesame, poppy or thyme. Bake for 10 minutes at 220 degrees.
- For the beef fillet, preheat the oven to 80 degrees and warm a casserole dish. Season the fillet with salt and pepper. In a frying pan, heat the butter and brown the meat with the thyme and rosemary sprigs and the unpeeled garlic for about 5 minutes. Douse the meat several times with the cooking fat and herbs. Place meat, herbs and garlic in the preheated baking dish and cook in the 80 degree oven depending on the desired degree of doneness 1¼ hours (rare) to 1¾ hours (pink).
- For the risotto, grate 220g Lustenberger 1862, set aside. Dice the onion and sauté. Add the rice, fry until it is glassy and deglaze with wine. Add bouillon and simmer for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked. Stir from time to time, add more liquid if needed. When cooked, stir in Lustenberger 1862.
- Cut carrots and zucchini into fine strips. Steam the carrots in a steamer insert for 15-20 minutes. After half of the cooking time, add the zucchini strips.
- On preheated plates, arrange a nest cause of risotto and vegetables, slice meat into about 1 cm thick slices and arrange. Garnish with a cheese rabbit and serve immediately! Enjoy your meal!