60 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 1 mild pepper
- 100 g dried tomatoes, preserved in oil
- 200 g broccoli
- 1 bunch of chives
- 3 eggs
- 0.5 dl olive oil
- 0.5 dl white wine
- 0.5 dl water
- 150 g Lustenberger 1862, sweet & nutty
- Salt, pepper, paprika
- 200 g Urdinkel (pure spelt) wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Butter a 25 cm cake mould and sprinkle with flour. Alternatively, baking paper can also be cut and placed into the mould.
- Cut the mild pepper in half, remove the seeds and chop. Drain the dried tomatoes and cut into fine strips. Wash the broccoli florets and blanch briefly. Cut the chives into small pieces.
- Separate the eggs. Mix the egg yolks with olive oil, white wine, water and the grated Lustenberger 1862. Add the tomatoes, chives and broccoli and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Mix in the flour and baking powder and stir.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the batter. Do not stir vigorously any more.
- Add the finished batter into the prepared mould and bake for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Tip: Improve the cake with 100 g of diced bacon.