50 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 12 beef medallions (each approx. 2 cm thick)
- 12 slices bacon
- 150 g Lustenberger 1862
- 100 g red pepper
- 60 g pecans
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 6 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. thyme leaves (fresh)
- Salt, pepper
- 350 g sweet potatoes
- 350 g pumpkin (Hokkaido or butternut)
- 200 g beetroot
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 120 g cashew nuts
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Some rosemary sprigs
- Wash sweet potatoes, peel. Prepare pumpkin and cut in slices. Cut beetroot into 0.5 mm thin slices. Place everything in a gratin dish
- Add ginger, cashew nuts, salt, pepper, nutmeg, rosemary and olive oil and stir everything well.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Wrap beef medallions with bacon. Brush a gratin dish with oil; add medallions.
- Finely grate Lustenberger, cut red pepper into very small cubes, finely chop pecans. Add flour, oil, thyme, salt and pepper and form into 12 balls.
- Place ball on each medallion, bake for 20 minutes in a 180°C hot oven.