- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 small block of Lustenberger 1862 cheese
- 1 tsp. red pepper, coarsely ground
- 3 Tbsp. flaked almonds
- The grated zest from 1 lime
- Remove the pineapple skin, cut the pineapple into approx. 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick slices and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Roast the flaked almonds in a frying pan (without oil) and mix in the grated lime peel and pepper. On each slice of pineapple, add 1 tsp. of the almond mixture, top with an approx. 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) thick slice of Lustenberger 1862 cheese and then again sprinkle 1 tsp. of the almond mixture on top.
- Place in a hot oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes until the Lustenberger 1862 is almost melted.
Tip: If you like something a little bit more sophisticated, the pineapple can be caramelized in the frying pan with 1 Tbsp. of sugar (sauté for a few minutes). Turn the Lustenberger 1862 over in a beaten egg, cover with the almond mix and heat in the frying pan until the cheese is almost melted.