40 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 100 grams of butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot
- 150 grams Lustenberger 1862
- 100 grams coarsely chopped almonds
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 100 g UrDinkel wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Stir butter, salt and an egg until foamy. Finely grate the carrot, grate the Lustenberger 1862 and stir both into the butter-egg mixture with the almonds and pepper. Mix the flour with the baking powder and form all of it into a dough.
- Form a roll that is about 5 cm (2 inches) thick, wrap it in foil and place it in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the roll into about 1/4 inch thick slices, brush with egg yolk and bake in the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Immediately place them on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool.