25 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 8 Tbsp. flour
- 8 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- Pepper, salt, cayenne pepper
- 2-3 chili peppers or (pickled) jalapeños
- 300 grams of Lustenberger 1862, grated
- Oil for frying
- Finely chop the chili peppers or jalapeños (if need be, remove the seeds to reduce the spiciness) and mix with the grated cheese. Knead extensively in portions, form even nuggets and press together again well.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Turn the nuggets in the egg mixture and cover well with flour. Then turn again in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. The nuggets should be well-covered evenly on all sides so that nothing leaks out.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in the frying pan. Fry the nuggets on both sides until they are golden brown and crispy.