45 minutes preparation and cooking time
- 300 grams Potatoes, e.g. Charlotte
- 6 dl Milk
- 1 Cube of vegetable bouillon
- 300 grams Macaroni or elbow macaroni
- 220 grams Lustenberger 1862, grated
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 2 Onions, cut into thin rings
- Ghee or frying cream
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into pieces and just cover them with water. Bring to a boil, add salt and boil covered for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and broth. Add the macaroni or elbow macaroni and cook for about 10 minutes until al dente. Add any liquid if necessary.
- Mix in the cheese with the ladle. Season to taste.
- Fry the onions in ghee or frying cream until golden brown. Serve macaroni on warmed plates and sprinkle the onions on top.
- Boiled apple slices go great with this dish.